Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Sheetrocking is FUN

I've recently taken on a project at home to build a room downstairs that will be my office/workout room. The reason for this is that my present room upstairs will be converted into a nursery for our new baby when he/she get's here in May. I'm very excited about the baby and I hope to have everything ready for when they get here, but I know problems can come up and such but more to come later baby :D.
For right now, I've been hanging sheetrock (which is a lot heavier than you thing) and after finishing that, mudding the seams and nails in the walls. So far I've done an all right job in my book by things; I've learned a few tricks as I go, for example.
Use a lot of mud, then put the tape on, and THEN scrape off the excess, but I learn as I go since this is my first project of this nature I'm enjoying it. My plans are by this weekend to have all the mudding and sanding finished so I can start to primer and then paint the room. If anyone has any tips for me to try when finishing up this room let me know. I will also try to get some pictures up to show a before and after when I start to paint and add the carpet and everything else.

No comments: