Friday, January 20, 2006

Sanctuary Complete

Well, I’ve completed the room in the basement this week. My Dad helped me lay the carpet and put in the base boards, so the only thing left is to start moving things in. I don’t want to pat myself on the back, but for someone who has never built a room before, I think I did an okay job of it. Looking at it now, the room itself is actually the biggest room in the house in square feet, and it just looks freaking cool. So this weekend I plan on moving some of my stuff, like the computer and bookshelf, down there. So within the next week or so I plan on having everything moved out of the soon to be nursery and get that room setup. Basically that means cleaning the carpet in the soon to be nursery, painting the room, and getting furniture to put into it. Either way I am glad that one project is finished, but I’m looking forward to another one. Just think, in a few months we will have our baby little girl in her very own room of the house. I think the fact that we are having a baby is starting to set in, I can’t wait to have our own daughter to raise and watch grow. I know there is hard work and sacrifice involved, but, in my opinion it’s worth it.

No comments: